proposal for better compile time error checking

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Apr 30 14:25:33 GMT 2003

I'm a little unclear on whether the changes you are contemplating would
still allow the source code to be built by a C compiler.  I don't have a
problem with source code that can be built by either C or C++, but I think
we need a lot more discussion, and some research, before dropping the
ability to build Samba with C.  I could build Samba either way on Stratus
VOS, but I wonder whether that is true for all of the various platforms.

Thanks
PG