samba-3.0alpha23: linux quota compiling error

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Wed Apr 23 19:07:20 GMT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:42:33PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> It looks like you have Jan Kara 64-bit quotas in kernel. What's
> interesting, do you have 64-bit block-devices support in kernel?

I don't think so, but the guy who can tell me that for sure is not
here now.

> This needs to be fixed somehow. We talked with SuSE people about same
> problem during SambaXP but haven't yet came to clear decision as both
> headers are provided by different packages (kernel-headers and
> glibc-kern-headers or alike) and supposed to serve different purposes.

What I'm told is that userland applications should never
include something from /usr/include/linux but use /usr/include/sys instead.
/usr/include/linux should be "reserved" for kernel stuff.

BTW, samba-3 with your patch applied is compiling now, I'm finishing my
rpm package and then I'll test.