Nmbd shutting down

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Sun Jun 23 15:16:01 GMT 2002

Hi folks,

I'm getting many 'complaints' from the users of my samba package/port for
MacOS X, who report the following error.

[2002/06/20 20:52:02, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:reload_interfaces(259)
   reload_interfaces: No subnets to listen to. Shutting down...

The explanation is pretty simple. They are all laptop users. They use the
server at home. Unplug, go to work, plug in and samba is no longer 'fully'
working.

Now I realize that this is something that many samba people might think
ridiculous and logical, but for mac users this is a really strange
experience.

Why don't we just poll untill an interface returns ? Could an option to do
this be introduced? Something like smbd --stay-alive?

It speaks for itself that this is when nmbd and smbd are run in -D mode.

DJ
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559