Users LOCKED OUT (was :Re: printing, locking, etc in 2.2.0)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri May 25 05:13:47 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > My installation of last nights CVS, plus my pam patch (irrelevent for
> > this particular code path) also shows:
> >
> > May 23 09:44:42 jessie smbd[15437]: art14 (192.168.29.10) closed
> > connection to service webbc
> > May 23 09:44:42 jessie smbd[15417]: too many connections - rejected
> >
> > My theroy is that process 15437 is locking at least part of
> > connections.tdb, and that this code in connections.c:claim_connection()
> > is then failing:
> >
> >         if (tdb_store(tdb, kbuf, dbuf, TDB_REPLACE) != 0)
> >                 ret = False;
> >
> > Can this happen?  Should it be fixed?  Note that we have never had
> > connection limits at our site.  In any case, it has only happend once
> > (that I have seen), and is certainly not critical.
>
> Hmmm. That's a concern. I've checked over the code, and
> the tdb_store should block until it gets a lock, even if
> it's in competition with another smbd.
>
> I've added some tdb_errstr() calls to smbd/connection.c
> so we can see what's going on if any tdb calls fail.

Unfortunetly we seem to have hit a bigger bug in this area, while
previously I had only seen one line in the logfile to indicate the
problem, this time I herd it by mobile...  Only about 8 studnets + staff
were able to log into the server, with the remainder locked out with the
'

I've cvs updated and installed, causing the problem to 'go away'

abartlet at pcug.org.au