pam_nt_dom and winbind problems

Luke McKee luke at webpay.com.au
Tue May 22 04:46:00 GMT 2001

> A word of warning: playing with the pam configuration files can
> be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.  I find it
> useful to leave a root window somewhere to undo stuff that
> doesn't work.  (-:

Tim,

I was nearly locked out since last night hehe.
Redhat 7.0 adds their own vendor extensions to pam in the form of
pam_stack.so module.
This pam_stack.so didn't like pam_winbind.so
I worked this out and now I am using vanilla PAM from us.kernel.org site
without any problems in other services.

I'll make sure I add an account entry for winbind as well.

Any ideas about the dl_open errors with pam_ntdom_auth ? I'll recompile
samba-tng with nis / nis+ for good luck this time. Is ntdom_auth obsolete
even from the TNG source?

wbinfo -t  not returning with a nice message is bad isn't it? Will this
affect winbind performing authentication?

Still hacking away here :-)

Luke