no getpwuid() with winbindd

Olaf Marx omarx at spot-net.de
Thu May 3 10:46:34 GMT 2001

Hello,
I'm trying to use the nsswitch module. Everything compiled fine and I was happy to
see my NT-domain-users with 'getent passwd'. BUT 'getent passwd
MYDOM+myuser' doesn't work. 'ls -l' returns only numeric uid's for domain
members. After I tried a 'ls -l' , 'getent passwd' returns only the local users for some
seconds. If I try it again 30 sec later I get the complete list again. I tried to write some
lines of code and found that getpwent() works, but getpwuid() and getpwnam() don't.
Any ideas ?

Olaf

Olaf Marx
spot systems