BUGFIX: TORTURE.C - Fixes to allow builds with Compaq C

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jul 10 14:00:57 GMT 2001

"John E. Malmberg" wrote:
> (Not being a language lawyer, I could be wrong on this, but as far as I can
>  tell from my references, it appears that these changes are needed.)

First, a C compiler should not error out from passing a pointer of
a different type - such strictness is reserved for C++ compilers... :)

Second, the volatile modifier is not supported by most compilers.
It is fairly new so I wouldn't recommend using it until more compilers
support it (and even then you should #define it away if the compiler
doesn't support it)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com