Printing in 2.2.1a

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Aug 13 18:34:39 GMT 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Gerald Carter wrote:

> What might work is if we only do this for a printer open (service
> level parameter) create a fall back.  Hmm....that might just work.
> I'll look at it some more and see.

ok. this works.  Still has one glitch with Windows NT 4.0 clients.
The client never sets an assigned port for the local printer.
When you look at the printer properties and select the port
tab, NT 4 complains that you must select at least one port.
Of course, if you do then the printer quits working because
you selected a port and the jobs are never sent to the samba printer.

btw...Win2k doesn't care that there is no port assigned.

cheers, jerry
 www.valinux.com         VA Linux Systems       gcarter_at_valinux.com
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org