Poor performance, samba bug, DOS client

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Aug 9 13:02:53 GMT 2001

Frank Giessler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This was a long way for me but I will tell it in detail so others might benefit. I have very
> little experience in C-programming and the internals of Solaris. Maybe someone with more
> experience can check my reasoning and my patch.

Tridge thought it looked sane, and I've applied it.

--snip--

> The man page of setsockopt() on Solaris 8 finally revealed that the function chould be
> called before any listen() or connect() call. After applying the following patch everything
> worked fine:

--snip--

> The problems I see are:
>
> 1) I don't know what happens when smbd is called from inetd.
> 2) I don't know in what sequence setsockopt() and listen() should be called in OSs other
> than Solaris 8.
>
> So,  please, can someone have a look at it?

Applied, thanks!

As for inetd, because I didn't drop the previous setting of socket
options it should 'just work', except on solaris as indicated.  (calling
setsockopt() twice shouldn't do any harm I'm told).

Could you please check out the HEAD branch and confirm I fixed it
correctly?

Thanks,

abartlet at pcug.org.au
abartlet at samba.org