quotas and small files

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Aug 3 22:56:47 GMT 2001

Ah ! I've noticed the following in your log....

  vfs_allocate_file_space: file test5/Test.File 125.txt, grow. Current size 0

  acldb_vfs_ftruncate: fd=27

  push_sec_ctx(506, 50014) : sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 1

  setting sec ctx (0, 0) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 1

  pop_sec_ctx (506, 50014) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 0

  acldb_vfs_ftruncate: Successful

Hmmm. In the vfs_allocate_file_space() call once the write
fails I am saving errno, calling the vfs ftruncate call,
then restoring errno. This should restore the ENOSPC or
EDQUOT value of errno....

This is the key - can you attach to the process in gdb
and walk through what errno is when entering and exiting
this code (after the write fail...).

Call me please !

Jeremy.