Mac Dave<->smbclient - Status ?

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Thu Aug 2 12:02:23 GMT 2001

--Answer-----------------------------------------
The smbclient allows clients to connect to Samba as a server and the
smbmount connects to the Windows computers as if Samba is the client.
We've done extensive testing with DAVE Client connecting to Samba as a
server and we support this type of connection.  Unfortunately, smbmount
is
only available with Linux and DAVE does not support this connection at
this
time.  In the future, we may work with the developers of Samba to test
smbmount with DAVE Sharing to allow the two products to function
together
completely.