connection to socket /tmp/.smb.0/agent and port 445 problems onSamba TNG Alpha.1.3

Phil Mayers p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 08:37:45 GMT 2000

This is a FAQ - you can ignore the 445 and /tmp/.smb.0/agent messages -
they're unimplemented features. Your problem must lie somewhere else,
and all these messages do is confuse the issue :o) What is your smb.conf
and which password database are you using?

Luke - would it be possible to #ifdef these out, with a ./configure
option left OFF by default - it can be very confusing, not to mention
annoying.