Solaris 8/Sun CC errors with 2.0.7 pre 2

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Mar 21 19:26:43 GMT 2000

This (fatal) type error is from a configuration including
--with-smbwrapper, but nothing else, on SunOS 5.8 Generic,  sun4u
sparc
Ultra-60 using cc 5.x.  I think I saw a similar issue with gcc at
home,
but I'm not at home...

--------
Compiling smbwrapper/wrapped.c with -Kpic
"smbwrapper/wrapped.c", line 466: identifier redeclared: utimes
        current : function(pointer to char, pointer to void) returning
int
        previous: function(pointer to const char, pointer to const
struct
		   timeval {long tv_sec, long tv_usec}) returning int :
		   "/usr/include/sys/time.h", line 328

Interestingly, utimes appears to be one of the functions created if
there isn't a stock one.. .and Solaris 8 has utimes.  I **must** be
misunderstanding, as config.cache says
	ac_cv_func_utimes=${ac_cv_func_utimes='yes'}
In any case, I fixed it by #undefing HAVE_UTIMES, which is the
reverse of what I expected...

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston