Win2k Registry editor and Win2k, Samba, & Win'9x

jhoffler at hofflergroup.com jhoffler at hofflergroup.com
Fri Jul 21 13:13:13 GMT 2000

On Win2K the EnablePlainTextPassword value goes in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Parameters]

Note that this is different than NT4.0 (and obviously, Win9x), which looks
in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]

Win9x looks in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP]

I've read that you have to have Samba 2.0.7 for Win2K clients.  I know
Win2K works with 2.0.7, but I didn't even try with 2.0.6, so I can't say
from personal experience that 2.0.6 doesn't work.

John R. Hoffler, Jr.
President
The Hoffler Group, Inc.
314-912-2654