BUG: Wide Links - does not work as documented

Jani Jaakkola jjaakkol at cs.Helsinki.FI
Tue Apr 11 08:50:02 GMT 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Jani Jaakkola wrote:
> >
> > IMHO, This is the kind of thing which should be reported in bugtraq and
> > would require a "security fix" notice in the release notes.
>
> The code has always worked this way, so a documentation
> update is more appropriate.

Then we just have to agree to disagree. I used wide symlinks as a security
feature (and actually tested it; not too well I suppose).
My vote is, that "wide symlinks" should either be fixed or completely
removed. The current behaviour is useless and dangerous.

Anyway, I will provide a patch, but it just might be that I don't have
time to get it completed today.

- Jani