net time over dce/rpc (fwd)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue May 19 15:58:45 GMT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hello luke,

the api NetrRemoteTOD is really close to the one in ipc:netremoteTOD()

below is the help page from msvc for the struct TIME_OF_DAY_INFO

As an attachement is the netmon trace of the useful packets

The time is the GMT time

	Jean Francois

typedef struct _TIME_OF_DAY_INFO {
    DWORD      tod_elapsedt;
    DWORD      tod_msecs;
    DWORD      tod_hours;
    DWORD      tod_mins;
    DWORD      tod_secs;
    DWORD      tod_hunds;
    LONG       tod_timezone;
    DWORD      tod_tinterval;
    DWORD      tod_day;
    DWORD      tod_month;
    DWORD      tod_year;
    DWORD      tod_weekday;
} TIME_OF_DAY_INFO, *PTIME_OF_DAY_INFO, *LPTIME_OF_DAY_INFO;

Members

tod_elapsedt

Specifies the number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1, 1970.

tod_msecs

Specifies the number of milliseconds from an arbitrary starting point
(system reset). Typically, this member is read twice, once at the start of
a process and again at the end, then subtracting one value from the other
to determine how long the process took.

tod_hours

Specifies the current hour (0-23).

tod_mins

Specifies the current minute (0-59).

tod_secs

Specifies the current second (0-59).

tod_hunds

Specifies the current hundredth second (0.01 second) (0-99).

tod_timezone

Specifies the time zone of the server. This value is calculated, in
minutes, from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For time zones west of Greenwich,
the value is positive; for time zones east of Greenwich, the value is
negative. A value of -1 indicates that the time zone is undefined.

tod_interval

Specifies the time interval for each tick of the clock. Each integral
integer represents one ten-thousandth second (0.0001 second).

tod_day

Specifies the day of the month (1-31).

tod_month

Specifies the month of the year (1-12).

tod_year

Specifies the year.

tod_weekday

Specifies the day of the week (0-6, where 0 is Sunday, 1 is Monday, and so
on).

Pinky: "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky :
	try to install Windows NT !"