Permissions

Kok Wei, Koh kokwei at eXtropia.com
Mon Oct 15 21:28:02 GMT 2001

I'm using Samba to allow Windows machines to access files in a Linux box.

I understand that you can assign valid users to a samba share with the
following:

[share-name]
    path = /path/to/share
    valid=users = @validgroup
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes
    blah blah blah ...

I have another group in my Linux machine called 'contract' which I made the
following changes to the above share:

[share-name]
    path = /path/to/share
    valid=users = @validgroup @contract
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes
    blah blah blah ...

The problem is I would only want users in the group 'contract' to only able
to access certain directories in /path/to/share unlike 'validgroup' which
is able to access to everything in /path/to/share. Is this possible with Samba?

--
Kok Wei, Koh