Samba-tng PDC- OpenLDAP - UNIX password sync problem

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 23:32:40 GMT 2000

Jody Haynes wrote:

> Samba-tng PDC -- OpenLDAP  -- UNIX password sync problem
>
> I'm running samba-tng 2.6 on Linux 6.2 with OpenLDAP 1.2.11.  I have a samba PDC storing its password information
> in LDAP.  I'm also using the following pam modules:  pam_ldap and nss_ldap.
>
> The problem is that I really don't know a way to use the password sync parameter and have it sync the UNIX
> passwords in LDAP.
>
> Everything works great if I keep the UNIX passwords in the password/shadow files but when I migrate
> them into LDAP the password sync is broken.
>
> I tried using the password program parameter with a script  but that did not work:
>
> password program = <path to program>/<program name> %u %o %n
>
> I did not use the passwd chat parameter along with it.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sync my UNIX password along with the samba passwords in LDAP?

try using the password chat with password program = ldappasswd.

I haven't managed to get this working. Can I have a look at the global
section of your smb.conf?

Thanks,
Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3