winbind

Wilson, Robert rwilson at isd.co.san-bernardino.ca.us
Thu Nov 30 00:34:59 GMT 2000

Has anyone run into this problem (hopefully I am emailing the correct list).

I am using SuSE LINUX 7.0 Pro. and can see all my NT accounts and groups
when I do a getent passwd or getent group.  According to the documentation I
should be able to login to LINUX using domain+username.  When I try this I
get the following error.

Nov 29 14:39:06 isdfree2 pam_winbind[20885]: user 'NS+w1802' granted acces
Nov 29 14:39:06 isdfree2 login[20885]: User not known to the underlying
authenti
cation module

Any ideas?  Also should I not be able to setup user access to share points
based on the domain+username thing.  I setup a share point and put NS+w1802
as the valid user and it just prompts for a user name and password.  Thanks
for anyhelp you can give.