Samba 2.2 W2K joining appears to be broken...

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Nov 24 05:47:26 GMT 2000

Sometime between now and November 15 the Samba 2.2 cvs has stopped allowing
W2K to logon. My last check (Nov 15) works fine, todays does not.

Speaking to some else, it appears that the same problem exists in the
alpha1 snapshot too.

When we try and join a W2K in we get told :

No Mapping between account names and security IDs was done

This is not a 'create machine account problem, the machine accounts already
exist. I can go back to my 15 Nov copy and all works well, problem is
repeatable.

Now, I'm going to be away over the weekend so I cannot start tracing it
until Monday Morning Australian time .....

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au