Only selective people can log in to a Win2K-Server, part of samba-2.2.0_cvs controlled domain (Solution ?)

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Wed Nov 22 10:15:49 GMT 2000

Hi,

answering my own mail:
We sleept a night over the problem, removed the Win2K-Server from the
domain, deleted the enteries in /etc/passwd and smbpasswd, restarted
samba, joined the Win2K-Server to the domain again. And now
everything seems to work: logins, profiles, polices, logon-skripts,

The only thing knowen to be changed: This time we entered the domain
name in small letters. It's in capitel letters in smb.conf. Is the
domain name case sensetive?

Christian