profiles and policies

Anders C. Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 20 14:15:41 GMT 2000

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:07:24PM -0800, Neal Koss wrote:
> It's not the use of the roaming profiles that is the problem. I just don't
> need them. My network is just the 2 computers in my home and I always logon
> from my machine. But I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you meant by
> the users saving their files.... I thought (for example, in Eudora) that I
> was saving to a subdirectory of my main Eudora directory, but I find that
> somehow Win98 and Samba have changed that to
> C:\windows\profiles\neal\application data\qualcomm\eudora. I never set that

This is a "feature" in Eudora... Windows/Samba did not actively change that,
altough Eudora did due to the presence of user Profiles on Windows

I believe that someone suggested
LOGON PATH = E:
PROFILE PATH =
in smb.conf
LOGON PATH describes where the netlogon share is to be, and
where the logon scripts should be run from.

PROFILE PATH =
will tell WINDOWS not to copy the profiles.

--

--Anders

Anders C. Thorsen
PGP Key: http://www.aae.wisc.edu/~anders/anders-pgp.asc