createuser and samedit problems

Adam Read read_a at univerahealthcare.org
Tue Nov 14 16:33:13 GMT 2000

I am installing the newest build of the appliance and trying to get the samba
box to authenticate to the PDC(NT box).  Everything seems to install OK, but
when I go to add the machine using createuser within samedit , i get:
could not locate server for domain MYDOMAIN

Does anyone have a man page or some documentation as to what the command line
options for createuser mean.  There is nothing I can find that helps.  I also
need to get winbindd working, but that depends on this.  Do I just use smbpasswd
to add it after adding it from server manager?

Many thanks from a desperate man,
Adam