NIS/NT encrypted authentication

Anders C. Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 13 11:59:23 GMT 2000

Samba will then authenticate against the smbpasswd (with user entiries in
your passwd file required.)

The update option does it so that next time you users change their samba
password, samba will attempt to update the password in NIS as well.

Again, the FAQs should have some info in this topic.

--Anders