duplicated usernames, unknown account in NT "permissions" dialog (2.0.7)

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 22:08:53 GMT 2000

At 08:25 AM 09/11/2000 +0200, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:
>Hi,
>
>this is quite interesting, can you with this head 2.1pre-alpha also give
>users admin rights over THEIR computers only (each on his own) ?

No, cannot give blanket rights. But I wonder if you could set up a seperate
smb.conf file for each machine, specifing a specific user as admin on that
machine. The smb.conf file supports a 'include' type of statement (cannot
remember the syntax) and you would have a thing like 'include %m.conf' and
for machine1 you would have machine1.conf that would have a statement
saying 'admin user = jack' assuming Jack uses machine1.

really, get them out of this idea that should be admin of their own
machine, much easier ...

david

>Or do you have a clue when (and wether) this will appear in the 2.2 branch
>?

No, nothing sure. Its something we would all really like though.

I never

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au