NT/SAMBA/2k/NIS

Pat slu at firerun.net
Fri Dec 29 18:12:33 GMT 2000

If you are going to use samba as the PDC and have Win2k clients you will
need to use samba 2.2  since 2.0.7  does not have the capability of
having a Win2k clients become a member of the domain.

As far as the NIS/smbpasswd I don't think there is a way around keeping
multiple password files.  You could have your users run a script at the
command prompt that changes the password in passwd then smbpasswd, and
have the NIS password database rebuild say every 5 min.   Just my 2
cents.

Patrick