Samba 2.2 PDC and password file

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Mon Dec 11 22:07:31 GMT 2000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 05:04:13PM -0500, Phillip E. Ganze wrote:
> Is there a way to set Samba up as a PDC with using encrypted passwords?
> This way I would not have a need for another password file.

	Huh???

	Setting up Samba to use encrypted passwords means having another
password file.  Or do you mean seting up Samba to use the Unix/Linux
password hashes from the password/shadow file?  If that's what you
mean, then no.  The hashing algorithms are not compatible and neither
are reversible.

  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/