Passwd Sync - REDHAT LINUX

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 23:18:19 GMT 1999

At 07:23 AM 29/07/1999 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello..
>

>  What I'd like to narrow down is what in the RedHat SAMBA causes this.
>  E.G. I'm using RedHat 5.2 - using the RPM method to install SAMBA.
>
>  Do users on RedHat who build their SAMBA from the source [i.e. don't
>  use RPM Samba distributions] also have this passwd sync problem? or
>  can they successfully sync PW changing?

I have one of my domains controlled by a RH5.2 server and have no
difficulty changing passwords. I only use the 'compile source from cvs'
method. How can you tell what you are getting if you use an RPM ?

The only problem we experience is that because RH is so obsessive about the
'quality' of its passwords, users report nine out of ten failures ! Always
traced to an 'unsafe' password although that is not obvious to the user.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au