Clarification

Florian Laws florian at void.s.bawue.de
Tue Jul 20 19:27:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 02:03:57AM +1000, Dave J. Andruczyk wrote:

> Nope. I store them in seperate shares here.  According to the docs its
> reccommended that they NOT be stored in a users homedir, as windows
> occassionaly attempts to keep the connection open after logout, causeing
> serious problems..

IIRC, the example configs of the documentation have the [profiles] share
pointing to something with %U as the users's home directory in it.
For me, this works without troubles and I think the Samba Team wouldn't
write flaky things in the docs.
I mean to remember from previous threads on this issue, that the problem
occurrs when you specify the profiles directory to be a subdirectory of
the [homes] share.
Am I right on that?

Florian