Samba PDC as a password server

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Thu Apr 30 13:03:58 GMT 1998

> > >  Not pretty, but ... has anyone done
> > > this?  Of course, this would mean they would have to log into a unix
> > > box first.
> >
> > not necessarily...
>
>  I just love these vague two-word optimisms from Luke.

ta dana.  he he.  i'm sorry: i've been on a few late nights, recently.  i
was referring to some (currently vague) plans going round my head to turn
linux into nt, going so far as providing full nt login capabilities, using
pams as a jumping point.

but more is needed than just pams: pams only do usernames, nothing else.