Samba PDC as a password server

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Tue Apr 28 17:04:39 GMT 1998

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Holy single logon, Batman!  You right!  I'm assuming that you are
> talking about being able to update the NIS maps ( unix accounts ) when
> you update the smbpasswd entries.  Is this correct?

Indeed. You would set up the smbd to sync unix passwords
and call a local program that set's a users password as
root, then does a make in the yp domain directory to push
the changed password out to the NIS slaves.

You still end up with two password files, but users in
both have the same password.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.