Options for a "I'm done" flag file

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 08:49:35 MDT 2015

As an aside to this, part of the problem I've been having is the transfer timing out/getting interrupted during a particular large file (1G, new file, 2-3 hours if it works).

So I've been experimenting with --partial and --partial-dir=.rsync-partial which weren't working. It appears to work at first - if the transfer is interrupted, the partial file is correctly saved in the named directory.
Then if I run the script again, it deletes the partial file before starting again.

I found that I needed to also specify --delete-delay to avoid deleting the partial file before it's used.

Is this "known", because it isn't implied (as I read it) by the --partial-dir section in the man page ?