cygwin version of rsync has lost it's ext-attr copy ability

L. A. Walsh rsync at tlinx.org
Mon Jul 28 00:57:40 MDT 2014

I don't know the reasons why, but for some reason the cygwin version of
rsync has lost the extattr copy ability (as shown by this:
>  rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.0  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2013 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
   64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
   no socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
   append, ACLs, no xattrs, iconv, symtimes, prealloc
                  ^^^^^

Does anyone know why they'd be turned off now when they've worked
for many years?

I asked on the cygwin list, but no one replied when I asked
why and if it could be respun with them working again.

Weird -- that's why I was wondering if anyone here knew anything.