Beating a dead horse

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:48:24 MDT 2014

> Every year or two I get stuck on this same problem involving
> excluding.

This reply assumes that you would like to backup specific directories via the excludes file, which is believe is what you are attempting to accomplish.

Take a look at the information at the following URL : http://www.lbackup.org/developer/advanced_excludes_file_examples

Although the URL above is related specifically to the LBackup excludes file, the information is relevant to rsync (as LBackup is a wrapper to rsync) and outlines one possible solution. If you get stuck or require clarification, then please let me know.