Error 28 and exclusion

scott.george at parker.com scott.george at parker.com
Mon Feb 11 05:24:10 MST 2013

I am having two issues with a transfer I perform every weekend.  The first
is I am trying to exclude a directory with the following command:

/usr/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync --rsh=/usr/bin/rsh
--log-file=/tmp/rsync.out --exclude /gcse1/infor/ --delete-before -rptS
usaix:/gcse1/ /gcse1

I am attempting to pull and synchronize the directory /gcse1 with my local
server directory /gcse1, but exclude /gcse1/infor .  When looking through
the logs, it appears that files were transferred within the /gcse1/infor
tree after all.

I naturally assumed that I followed documentation and examples well
enough, but obviously not.

Secondly, I am receiving an error 28 (ENOSPC) on the transfer of a large
file.  I make sure the destination file system is double what the source
for the possibility of needing to keep copies of both during transfer, but
I assumed --delete-before would help me avoid that.

BTW, the rsync version I am using on both ends is rsync  version 3.0.9
protocol version 30 on AIX 5.3.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation."