lastes sources don't include "drop_cache" option

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Dec 3 23:34:55 MST 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Linda A. Walsh <rsync at tlinx.org> wrote:

> Was there some reason that [drop_cache] patch got dropped?

It was only ever a diff in the patches repository, and I dropped it because
it was too much of a kluge for a file copy program to have in its code
(especially the updated version that had a delayed block-dropping loop or
some such).  I like the concept of a general tool that can make any program
drop its file use from the cache, and the nocache program that Holger cites
looks like a nice solution for that (judging by its docs -- I haven't tried
it yet).