rsync based on checksum only

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:15:27 MDT 2012

> Wow!  Thanks for making it so easy.  I will try that asap.

If you do not have any luck with the patched version of rsync there are various projects which spring to mind which offer this kind of functionality.

However, I would suggest that rsync is the most stable project I have ever seen for this kind of coping.

As such, if the patch approach works I would stick with rsync. If you have problems with the patch then report back to the list as rsync is an very reliable and mature tool with some great developers and people on this list to assist you.

Hope this helps.