rsync is skipping some files, permission problem

Walter White homerun4711 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:10:29 MST 2011

Hello!

Happy New Year!

I came across a small problem a few minutes ago while I was comparing a
sync'ed folder to its source, the home-directory of my user,
"administrator".

I noticed that not all files had been copied and I recognized that the
missing
files/folders have permission rwx------ or drwx------ and are owned by
administrator.

My rsync script being run using sudo and I am wondering why sudo is not
having
access to the files.

The parameters are "-avz --modify-window=3 --stats --progress --delete
--delete-excluded"

Can someone explain to me if this behavior is normal and expected?
And what would be the best solution to this? Are there any parameters you
would
suggest or do I have to use for instance a "chmod 755" before running rsync?

Kind regards,
Walter