incremental backup to nas server

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 21:55:30 MST 2011

This is perhaps more a matter of which rsync wrapper you choose, than
rsync itself.  rsync provides just enough functionality to enable this
kind of behavior, if your wrapper feeds it the right directories to
work on.

I used to use my Backup.rsync wrapper to get good resumption of
interrupted backups.  It will always do a backup relative to the most
recent complete save, starting from the most recent incomplete save
(if any): http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/Backup.remote.html

These days, I pretty much just use my backshift program though - it's
inspired by rsync, and will do any saves relative to at most 3
previous backups: 1) The most recent backup 2) The most recent
completed backup 3) The backup with the most files in it.
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/backshift/

HTH