3.0.8 OSX build hfs+ patch failing

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Apr 9 10:00:53 MDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Robert DuToit <rdutoit at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am just building 3.0.8 on osx 10.6.6 and mike's hfs_compression.diff is failing. Am I missing something?

Those instructions are for 3.0.7, and include applying patches for
things that are already fixed in 3.0.8.  You can try using the
official hfs+ patch for 3.0.8 (the one that is in the 3.0.8 patches
tar file) -- read the patches/hfs-compression.diff patch for the
sequence of patch commands it expects (you don't need to curl anything
for it other than the 3.0.8 source and patches tar files).  This new
patch has only been lightly tested, though, and may still need some
work for full functioning, so if you or anyone else tries it out, let
me know if there are things that need to be fixed.