Excluding most and including some problems continue.

Steven Levine steve53 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 12:14:26 MDT 2010

In <4CA449EA.2858.00AF.0 at cdpr.ca.gov>, on 09/30/10
   at 08:27 AM, "Ian Skinner" <iskinner at cdpr.ca.gov> said:

Hi,

>Here is my rsync command as it currently stands.

>/usr/local/bin/rsync -vvv --stats -Pzrtpl --delete
>--password-file=/export/home/webuser/.appprod
>--log-file=/export/home/webuser/logs/rsync-log -F /export/home/
>webuser at appprod::dprweb_extranet/ > rsync-test

>This is doing pretty close to what I want it to do.  Which is to mirror
>only the */htdocs/docs* in each of the ten directories (das,em,enf,etc.)
>in the base path of */export/home* and exclude the rest.

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you want, but what about

 + das/**/htdocs/docs*
 + em/**/htdocs/docs*
 etc.

or possibly

 + das/**htdocs/docs*
 + em/**/htdocs/docs*
 etc.

I'm not sure if the addtional slash is required without setting up a
testcase.

If you really want just the files matching */htdocs/docs/*, the above
needs to change slightly.

Steven