rsync to iSCSI over WAN

Tom Christensen pavera at live.com
Fri Jul 23 00:30:28 MDT 2010

I am running rsync in cygwin on windows.  I am attempting to backup a somewhat large data store (750GB) to a remote site.  As its windows and preserving permissions exactly is important, I have an iSCSI drive mounted on the local system across a somewhat slow WAN link (IE, it would take about 3 months to copy the datastore over it).  Unfortunately, since this appears as a "local" copy to rsync, it always copies whole files.  Even though it is a "local" copy, I want to only send diffs, as we have large files that have small changes daily.  Reading the man page, and everything I can find on the net I don't see an option to force diffs only/rsync protocol, is this possible?

Thanks,
Tom