Query live connections?

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Jan 6 15:06:56 MST 2010

Hi All,

I was hoping someone would know the answer to this question I had...  I
know the rsync daemon has the "Max connections" module, which works
great.  However, I was wondering if there was a good way for me to:

1: Query rsync to get the number of live connections it thinks it has?
2: Or better yet, how does rsync itself check for the number of connections?

I'm trying to graph the number of folks we have connected at any given
time, and running ps, lsof or netstat and parsing with a script is kinda
clunky...  Does anyone know a better way?

Thanks in advance!!

-erich