[RSync] Re: Odd failure ... (Windows ACLs)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Feb 17 14:48:20 MST 2010

On 2/17/2010 2:37 PM, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> You're trying to copy ACLs (-A) on Windows, which the standard version
> of rsync doesn't support. Consider using Robocopy in combination with
> or instead of rsync. Google for "rsync windows acl" for some more
> information.

     Oops.  I didn't need -A on this machine.  I copied a batch script I
created on a windows server machine, where I did need ACLs.  Now that
I've removed the -A, it works fine.

> And perhaps that the files on /cygdrive/m don't have complicated ACLs?

     Actually, both are external drives with nothing fancy on them what
so ever.  The first one was going from an external LaCie HIPSERV to an
external WDMYBOOK, and the one that was failing was going from an
external WD500, to the WDMYBOOK.  There's really nothing as far as ACLs
on them that I can think of.  I can't even think of *why* there would be
any.  But, at this point, I don't care anyway, I don't need ACLs for
this particular machine.

     Thanks!