using rsync for jar file

Vanitha vanitha at stee.stengg.com
Tue Aug 17 21:04:00 MDT 2010

I apologize for not providing the details. Actually what we are trying to
rsync is that the jar file name will remain the same. There might be some
addition of new class files /changes to the existing class files in the JAR.

I.e. we have multiple servers. All the servers will have the same jar file
(abc.jar). But from one of the server, whenever there is a software upgrade
the abc.jar contents will change.we are trying to use rsync to synchronise
the change to the rest of the servers. But we noticed that even after rsync
the abc.jar size of the file didn't reflect to the latest../contents are not
changed..

This test is performed on Linux (Ubuntu 9.0)

  _____