Scripting rsync against a filesystem with a quota

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:36:31 MDT 2010

>> On another note I'm getting an error:
>>
>> copyfile(.._..v6AxMh,./., COPYFILE_UNPACK) failed:13
>>
>> When trying to run with -E.
>
> Upstream rsync has no such error message.  If you're using the
> Apple-modified rsync, we don't support it here.

You may wish to compile a version of rsync from source. Below is a link with instructions on compiling rsync (and directions on applying some Mac OS X patches).

http://www.lbackup.org/developer/rsync_hfs

To keep things simple you may wish to skip over the steps associated with the patches. To do this just skip the two commands quoted below :

> patch -p1 <patches/fileflags.diff
> patch -p1 <patches/crtimes.diff

Hope this helps.