unpack_smb_acl unknown error, + rsync maintainability

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Sep 2 09:31:21 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 09:09 -0500, Mike Bombich wrote:
> Rsync shouldn't be converting UUID to uid/gid *for ACL entries*
> (because Mac OS X stores those ACEs with a reference to a UUID, not a
> uid/gid).  For file ownership, etc., it should maintain its current
> behavior.

My point is that performing or not performing the conversion may lead to
different results if the uuid-id mapping is different on the two
machines involved.  So the question is not just one of efficiency, but
rather which result users are more likely to want.  I thought that you,
as a Mac user, might be able to answer that.

--
Matt