PATCH: --write-devices to allow synchronising to a block device

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Oct 20 23:07:23 MDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting
<darryl.dixon at winterhouseconsulting.com> wrote:
> I haven't had any response to this mail over the last week - does no-one
> have any comments or opinion? I highly doubt my code is pristine and
> perfect ;) Is there a possibility that this patch could be included in the
> general rsync-patches distribution?

Hey there!  Thanks for the patch.  I haven't had a chance to try it,
but I did snag it, clean it up, and make it apply to the current git
source.  Note: it usually helps to use an attachment for a patch so
that it doesn't get manged; i.e. your patch was wrapped and had all
tabs replaced by spaces.

You'll find the patch in the rsync patches repo:

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=rsync-patches.git;a=tree