(Recent I/O change)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Mon Oct 5 02:51:38 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 09:41 -0500, Wayne Davison committed:
> Change the msg pipe to use a real multiplexed IO mode
> for the data that goes from the receiver to the generator.

Wayne,

Would you care to explain the impact of this change on the rsync I/O
design in terms that I might understand?  It looks like you merged two
switch statements over possible message types, reducing code
duplication, but that's all I can really tell.

Incidentally, I find that the big chunk of files-from code is
distracting in the middle of read_timeout.  I would suggest moving it to
a separate function.

--
Matt