Does files-from work with --delete?

Philip Pokorny ppokorny at penguincomputing.com
Thu Nov 12 16:56:48 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 11:55 -0800, Philip Pokorny wrote:
> If modifying the file sending code to detect the link_stat "not found"
> error and if --delete is enabled, sending that as a delete request (is
> there such a thing in the protocol?) is the right thing, then I'll
> work
> on a code patch.

That feature exists in the current development rsync, under the name
--delete-missing-args.

=====
OK, so I got the latest HEAD snapshot and it compiles, but it doesn't pass all the built-in tests.

Diff'ng to 3.0.6 it looks like major surgery on the communication bits between 3.0.6 and 3.1.0.pre

How confident are you in the current state of 3.1.0.pre and the nightly snapshots?  Should I be concerned about running this on production data?

Thanks,
Phil P.